- Year (where applicable): 1984
- Country: United Kingdom
- City: Nottinghamshire
- Telephone Number: 01636 892799
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website (where applicable): www.facebook.com/Rallysales
- Listed: August 17, 2014 8:36 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
An opportunity to own a piece of Ford Motorsport history . A car built and run by RED , driven by Roger Clark in 1984 as the predecessor to the Sierra Cosworth, this car was built as a development car with a view to build and sell 200 of them and homologate into Group B. The car was originally built as a 2wd car and soon converted to 4wd in conjunction with Ford Motor co. using the ferguson 4wd system. Fitted with a Terry Hoyle 2.0 BDG engine with a huge KKK turbo …giving 365bhp on fairly low boost. No doubt sounding awesome whistling and popping through the forest . All the other components were usual of the period – Bilstein dampers , AP brakes etc. The body shell looked like a rally car should do.. in true Group B style with wide arches and spoilers , big wheels , bespoke dash board and a rear bulkhead behind the seats etc .
This car has been in a time worp as it has been dry stored since the late 80′s and not used . Making this a relatively straight forward restoration , there is no welding or fabrication to do just requires a full strip and rebuild – it really is in good original condition. (Not rotten or modifed)
I have several books and magazines, with pictures and editorial articles about this car , showing it being rallied and developed very publically , after Roger finished driving it , it was then famously driven by Louise Aitken-Walker in the National Championship with much success.
Its an exciting worth while project , with a Ford badge, Roger Clark’s name on the door and a BDG engine in it .
what more can you ask for ?
Would make a great slowly sideways – Rallying with Group B car !
Serious enquiries only pls
may consider p/ex
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: November 9, 2011
Other items listed by admin
- McGrady Insurance- Motorsport Insurance, private car, property, business, farm etc. We have it covered!
- FLATRIGHT- Everyday Racewear- New clothing range!
- Ford Fiesta ST LHD
- Wishart Motorsport- Roll Cage Manufacture and Fitting
- Superdrive Motorsports Centre- www.superdriveni.com